Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Out to Lunch

A quick note to say that I will be away from the computer - as well as my self - for the next ten days as I take part in a 10 day Vipassana Meditation course.

Some people have voiced a desire that I not get involved with any groups like the
Hare Krishna, and I can say that I have not, as of yet, taken up residence with the faithful.

If you are interested, you can check out the
"Code of Disipline" for this monestary, or you can read more about the organization here.

Those who bristle at the idea of a "Meditation Course" can find relief in the fact that, although they are a Buddhist monestary, religion will not be covered. This is not evangelical Buddhism, nor is it a money making venture - the course is free (though of course donations are acceptable). It is simply a time to sit and direct all your energy towards meditation in the presence of people who spend alot of time doing just that.

No comments: