Tuesday, November 29, 2005

google me.

Oh, yeah! So I was browsing my site stats the other day, checking out the referring urls to my blog and found the following suprise:

http://www.google.com/search?q=philippine%20jeepneys&hl=en&lr=&start=40&sa=N

"Oh boy", I thought. I quickly made my way to google and typed in my name. Low and behold, my site was the fourth in the list.

That's pretty sweet I think. People can search my name and easily find my site. Even more cool is that if you search "Philippine Jeepneys" in google, my site comes up number 43. Dhankar Monestary: number 70. They say if you want to be found on google, you need to be in the top 20. Top 10 is best. I guess I still have work to do.


I started trying to get onto google a couple weeks ago after finding that a search of "Aaron Franz" or even "tai kua zhang le ba!" brought up nothing. So I spent a bit of time researching and figured it out. No prob. It took a while, but it worked. If you are interested getting your site recognized... figure it out yourself! Or, leave a comment and I will give you a run down of how google works (as I vaugely understand it).

Next goal: To be the #1 Aaron Franz in the google universe (ergo, the #1 in... the world!) That's got to be worth something, right?

I'll keep you posted.

No comments: