Thursday, November 24, 2005

Critters

Just wanted to post some pictures I took of a few of the little guys I have seen around here.

Starting with my favorite...

A Cicada, about 3 cm long. The loudest insect in the jungle.

A butterfly, as big as my hand.

A millipede, 10 cm in length.

I have no idea what this is, but I can tell you it was pretty small, and sitting on a hat. Looks like a weevle?

A spider, bigger than my hand, though apparently not poisonous.

I would have given you the latin names of all these, but... well I will leave that to my sis. Go to it!

2 comments:

Michael Turton said...

Those are GREAT! Especially that Golden Orb Spider at the bottom. What kind of camera are you using?

Also, you should IMMEDIATELY enable your word verification on comments or spammers will flood your blog with stuff.

Michael

AF said...

Well, the camera isn't crazy fancy or anything...

It's a Sony DSC W1, which has 5.1 megapixels and a 3X optical zoom.

I bought because I can't pocket my Pentax SLR, which is annoying for everyday stuff and travelling.

It's a great camera though compared to other small digital cameras. It features manual focus, apperature, and shutter speed (if you want to use it), and you can also use filters on it if you want.

The competition from Olympus and Canon don't come close as far as manual control, and you can't attach filters to any of those similiar small digi cams.