Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Plateaud

I found myself climbing over a 5000 meter pass the other day, and going down the otherside wasn't what I expected. It was rolling rolling rolling all day long, and has been for the last four days riding. I guess I've made it onto the Tibetan Platue, though I can't be certain. It's all pasture land and peaks as far as the eye can see.

The piece of geography above lasted for half a day. I spent alot of time lying off the side of the road watching that sky.

Looked a bit like this from that perspective.

I did come down to around 4000 meters once and found myself in some southern Albertan coulees, excect these ones were green. Almost made me want to go home. As they say, the grass is always greener on the... oh.

3 comments:

Jason said...

Awesome pics, Aaron. Thanks for sharing, and good luck on the rest of your trip!

David said...

Beautiful photos. Makes me itch to get on my bike and head for those hills.

Katherine said...

For the record Aaron, our coulees are green now too! In two weeks they'll be brown again but that's not what I'll focus on. They're green from all the rain we got a few weeks back. They've dryed out and are in perfect condition for mountain biking.
What did you decide on Korea?